Sunday, May 06, 2007

Baby Kimono

I'm currently working on a baby Kimono and Trouser set from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits book. The pattern begins at a size 3-6 months but I'm trying to size it down a notch so that it will be suitable for a newborn. And I've substituted the suggested Debbie Bliss yarn with Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece.

Why a Kimono? My friends (the soon-to-be-Grandparents) run the local TaeKwondo school, and their daughter (the soon-to-be-Mom) is a talented black belt. Given the family's love of martial arts I decided that this might be a fun pattern to make. (I have a dorky sense of humour, but I hope they get a kick out of it too.)

2 comments:

Terri Lynn said...

What a cute idea for the yarn and sizing. I did one a couple of years ago for my granddaughter and it was so fun. I used peaches and cream and cotton tots! You can find it on my flickr at my blog.

To mosaic(sometimes called stained glass) open your pic in a photo program and under effects you should find it. If I like it, I undo it, copy the original, paste as new image and then mosaic it again, so I can keep the original! My email is at the bottom of my blog. Please email me with any ?s, so I can email you back. On comment, I only get a "no reply" in the address, so I can't email you back and have to reply to you here in your comments. Thanks for taking time to read this comment, I hope to hear from you!

Nerdy Knitter said...

Just thought Bella might want to "meet" Henry on my blog entry from yesterday--there's a video of him playing all on his own...too bad he can't play with Bella for real!