Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tools I love

Look what my father-in-law made for me:


It is inspired by the homemade yarn swift by Crafty Diversions. I love it! If you need one of these and can't quite bring yourself to splurge on one, I'd highly recommend taking a look at her instructions. For the longest time I've been persuading my husband to help out, or have draped the hank around my neck... this new yarn swift is a HUGE improvement.

Another tool I love is this magnetic chart holder:

I've been working... and working... and working (you get the idea) on the Icarus Shawl and my post-it note just wasn't up to the task of keeping my place on the chart. I was sure there had to be a better way. I took a look in one of the larger craft chain stores and found this chart holder in the cross stitch section -- it's essentially a metal board that comes with some magnetic rulers. It couldn't be more perfect for what I need. Now if I can only get close to starting the frilly edge of this shawl...

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I love the capelet, its fabulous! Will be wearing a lot, it feels lovely too. Wish we had the same yarn stores as you have over there!

Sam said...

Yay! You are on blogger. Glad you like it -- take a pic and post it... I also want to see a pic of that big pink cardy. Love Sam.