Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tangled Yoke Cardigan

My Tangled Yoke Cardigan is finally finished:


  • Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang (from Interweave Knits Fall 2007)
  • Yarn: I used Elsbeth Lavold's Silky Wool instead of the Rowan Felted Tweed. I love the weight and feel of this yarn, and the gauge was spot on
  • Modifications: I made the body a couple of inches longer than the pattern called for -- I prefer my sweaters to hit a bit lower than the waist. Other than that I pretty much knit as-is.

All in all I'm really happy with the end result.

...but if I were to knit it over again, I'd probably do something a little different with the neckband -- the pattern guides you to knit a neckband that you fold over to create a double thickness. I think I'd prefer to have just a single thickness neckband. (I'm toying with maybe unpicking the neckband and doing this, but for now I'm just happy to wear it and move onto a new project.)

7 comments:

Bea said...

I think it looks great! I love that color. I wonder if the double thickness at the neckband is to help it keep its shape and not be floppy??

Terri Lynn said...

This is very nice! It look so good on you and the work is gorgeous! I am leaving at 5am tommorrow!!! There are some really cool yarn stores in Pittsburg!

Corwink said...

Don't even think about touching that collar. It looks amazing!!
Call it done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work missy! I love the color and the fit is great! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! It looks fantastic on you!

Susan Luni said...

That came out so nice! Great color.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

It looks beautiful!!! Great job :)