Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Love Knitting

The title isn't a proclamation of what you already know to be true. It's stop 8 on the Colorado Yarn Tour -- a new yarn store in Denver named I Love Knitting. (I was lucky enough to be at a work meeting this week literally around the corner from this store, and so took a mini detour on the way home.)

I was greeted by a table of knitters as I entered the store. And then happily was left to browse, stroke, ooh and aah over the various yarns.

The usual suspects were there in abundance -- Rowan, Noro, Debbie Bliss, Berroco, Sublime etc etc... Although this is the first store in the area that I've seen that carries Be Sweet products. Oh how excited I was to see the Be Sweet yarn. But not nearly as excited as when I saw some of the Be Sweet handbags. Aren't they pretty? And that's not all - Be Sweet supports job creation programs that help empower female artisans in South Africa.

It was a tough choice deciding on a yarn for the Colorado afghan, but I settled on some Berroco Seduce that I've been eyeing up. It's a lovely dark chocolate colour with blue flecks and I think this will be a nice addition to the colour scheme. Now I really need to get knitting some of the squares...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great store! Maybe we can take a trip in a couple of weeks to visit the Loveland and Louisville area. :)

Miss you! :)

~Nolson

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Looks like a cute shop! I want to check out the Be Sweet stuff, too :)

Bea said...

Love the looks of this shop. Be sweet is nice stuff too. I wish we had more local yarn store stuff going on here, but not so much 3 out of 4 are closing. :(

michaele said...

you had better talk to Stacey before you try using that Seduce. She had an ... interesting time trying to knit with it last night!

Anonymous said...

That afghan is going to be so pretty! Looks like a great shop to visit.