Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Breaking the silence

I've been unusually quiet this past couple of weeks: work's been hectic, and then I went away for a long weekend with Joe to Colorado wine country. It was stunning!

But back to the knitting -- buttony is now complete:

Ignore the state of my garden. It is in serious need of attention. I guess that's what happens when you have 3 dogs that like to run around back there. (Well that and a lazy pair of owners ;o)

  • Pattern: Buttony
  • Yarn: Patagonia Cotton
  • Mods: I did a little waist shaping
  • Buttons: Etsy - Button Boutique (she has some adorable buttons and takes custom orders - perfect for this sweater that needed an unlucky 13 buttons)
Next up: I'm trying to finish up Rowan Roadster. It's been on the needles for at least 3 years, that I can remember. Poor neglected project...

***Edited to add:***
Anonymous asked...
What gauge did you use? I'm considering using Kathmandu at 5 sts/1"...

Sam said:
I just measured my gauge and found that a square inch = 4.5sts x 6 rows. Hope this helps :)

14 comments:

Bea said...

Cute sweater! It looks great on you.

Denise said...

That looks super cute - is that you modeling it?

Stacey said...

Wow Sam! That sweater looks great!

WandaWoman said...

The finished result is so cute! I love the shorter version of this top. It's so fresh and cute!

Sue said...

It does look cute. The pink and orange go well together too.

Anonymous said...

Perfect! it's such a great shape on you!

Susan Luni said...

Adorable! Very good job of knitting, too. That Roadster looks like it will be a cute sweater, too.

Anonymous said...

I love how it turned out! It is funny how you knew from the minute you saw the yarn that you knew what you wanted to knit with it! It fits you perfectly! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks perfect on you!!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Buttony looks fabulous on you!! So glad you and Joe had a nice, long weekend :)

Corwink said...

Buttony looks awesome! Glad you had a great weekend with your hubby. What do you need to finish on Roadster? It looks like just the sleeves. Either way it is going to be super cute on you.

Anonymous said...

That turned out great! Now I want to make another with short sleeves. :D

5elementknitr said...

Lovely sweater!

tag, you're it - come by my blog to see...

Emily said...

Love it!