Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Yarn Studio

A little detail that I omitted from my previous entry about the great weekend at Camp WannaKnitKnit was a visit to 'stop 10' on the yarn store crawl -- The Yarn Studio in Minturn.

The Yarn Studio, not surprisingly given it's location near the ski resorts, caters to a high-end audience. The shop is quite small and cosy and is packed to the brim with yarny goodness. This was the first store that I've been to that carries the Hanne Falkenburg kits. There are some strikingly beautiful colours in those kits for sure.


To my delight there was a stunning needlepoint section upstairs. I love needlepoint almost as much as I love knitting. And that's when I stumbled across these beauties:


I picked up the kit and the threads and am eager to get started on my new mermaid sandals. Love them!

I also picked up a skein of yarn - Rowan kidsilk haze - for the Colorado blanket. Yeah, I need to make some progress on that, and have promised myself I will... as soon as this baby blanket is out of the way. At this rate the Colorado blanket is going to be quite decadent - certainly far too nice for my 4-legged friends to slobber on!


PS - because I love this shot so much, I've swiped it from Stacey to share with you here -- a group shot of the girls at Camp WannaKnitKnit. Got to love our sweaters and t-shirts!

6 comments:

Susan Luni said...

Awww, the Yarn Studio looks just like I remember it. I'll have to go again; I haven't been back since last summer.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time at camp - I am soooo jealous! Those sandals are adorable. I'd love to have a pair of those. One of these days I'll have to take a road trip to Minturn.

Bea said...

Summer camp is fun!

WandaWoman said...

Wow, I did not know that the Yarn Studio carried Hanne Falkenberg kits. How awesome. It's good that I didn't know!! Those are cute sandals too, a great idea.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Those mermaid sandals are so cute :D I love the color of kidsilk haze you picked up for your blanket!

Anonymous said...

Just as I'm saying I can't see myself cross-stitching or needlepointing anymore you wave these sandals under my nose! I feel I really ought to have some! :D