Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas stamping

I can hardly believe it's been a whole month since I last posted. Time is flying... I have been busy with work and play. And part of that play has been some craftiness. So here's the first of a couple of posts to get caught up.

After I finished the mittens I needed to knuckle down and get started on my Christmas cards. I received very disappointed looks from Joe last year when I (who owns too much stamping stuff to be buying a card. Ever.) went out and bought all my Christmas cards. This year I was ahead of the game and pretty much made every single one. I even made a couple of batches for my sis - more on that below.




































Sometimes I lack inspiration for a design, and so I scouted the web and my idea books to come up with these. I really like the simple red/brown, green/brown and red/green colours.

And because I was on a roll I offered to make my sis some. She wanted some fun ones and I had this great stamp set with cute animals so made her a batch of those.













My sis also makes cool resin jewellry and ornaments, so Mum and I made her a batch that could 'house' the resin goody so that it would double as a gift and card for her friends. (Mum was over for a vist over Thanksgiving... we had such a nice time, and I was sad when she had to return to the UK).





















Next up, some knitty goodness for the Little Lady...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back Sam!!!
I love your Christmas cards!!!! And thank you again for mine!!!

And I think your sister's ornaments are gorgeous!!!! ReallY!!!! The last card is wonderful! You cannot think a better idea to use it!!! I love it!

xoxo

Judy said...

I have missed your blog but can see that you have been very busy. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Little Lady!

Shanea T. said...

I love all the cards!! Very cute. I just came across your site and wanted to let you know about my site. We specialize in helping crafters such as yourself sell you wonderful creations online for only $5.00 a month. I was hoping you would take a look and let me know if you are interested. http://www.tigerandlilyboutique.com is the site and my e-mail address is shanea@tigerandlilyboutique.com.

Bea said...

These are so cute!