Monday, December 28, 2009

Daphne and Delilah

I have this idea for the nursery -- that it's going to be 'monster themed'. Which of course sounds a little odd... Monsters? For a nursery?? For a little girl???
Yes that's right - monsters for a nursery for a little girl.

When the monsters in question are as cute as these guys, I think you might agree that it actually might work. And heck, be cute too. So here's Daphne and Delilah. One of many great patterns from Danger Crafts.


Daphne and Delilah are made using Lion Brand Cotton Ease, and a size US 5 needle. I didn't modify the pattern in any way but did add the following details:


  • Momma monster has a handstitched heart on her belly (using some yummy Mama Blue yarn I have in my stash)
  • Baby girl monster has a little knitted bow (For the bow portion I cast on approx 30 stitches and worked in the round for about 10 rows then cast off. For the knot portion I cast on approx 6 stitches and knit until it was long enough to wrap around the middle of the bow. Then simply sew together.)
  • Both monsters have hand stitched felt eyes and teeth. I chose to stitch these details figuring it might be safer for baby.


Next on the nursery crafting list is Frances (ravelry link). Mum started this for us when she was over last month. Need to get cracking on that. And my dear step daughter is working on one of the Knitted Odd Bods (ravelry link) to go in the nursery for her little sister (melts my heart). (The theme has evolved a tad to include other whimsical creatures... and the patterns from the Knitted Odd Bods are perfect!)

I have high hopes for how this is going to turn out... But first job for this week is to paint the room in question.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I love your cute monsters, will you post a pic when your nursery is all done? I'd love to see it.
:)

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I think it will look great.

Anonymous said...

These monsters are so lovely!!! I love the ribbon on the little one!!

Oiyi said...

That is a very unique, but cute theme! The momma and baby monster is so cute!

Bea said...

I love the idea of a monster themed nursery. Who says monsters have to be scary? These guys are really cute.