Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can hardly believe that it is a New Year already... where does the time go? I hope you had a fun evening yesterday and wish you all the very best for 2010.

I do like the New Year: Looking back at all the blessings of the previous year, and looking forward to the possibilities of what the new year can hold. Having this blog gives me the chance to look through my projects of last year. I find it interesting to see how I've been spending my crafty time.

There was the valiant effort at NaKniSweMoDo - knit a sweater a month. I was on target until the last quarter of the year. If only baby sweaters counted! Although I didn't meet the goal, I'm happy with how it spurred me on to complete projects that might have otherwise gone into hibernation.


Gift knitting also featured high on the list this year. I do like making things for other people; it's my way of saying I care.


And of course baby knits! A couple of friends had babies this year, and with BOB's impending arrival there have been a couple of projects there. Surprising though - I always thought I'd knit a lot more for my own kiddo. However I had never really anticipated how pooped I'd be - knitting was replaced by napping for a good portion of the pregnancy so far!


The last couple of things I noticed after reviewing last year's efforts are that:

I seem to be addicted to starting blankets/throws. Wish I could say there was as much energy invested into finishing them. Maybe this should be one of my goals for 2010 -- to finish those blankets I've started. The hexagon blankets for example might be a great addition to the nursery.


I have a fair few projects that have been in WIP status for well over a year. Hmm, maybe that should be my other crafty goal for 2010.

In truth, I don't know how realistic these goals are. At the end of the day I know the next couple of months will be pretty tiring and the focus will be on staying healthy and rested. And then of course after little lady's arrival I'm trying not to kid myself that I'll have a tonne of time for craftiness. My attentions will be on loving my new little bundle of joy, and learning the ropes as a new Mum.

Hope 2010 has all good things in store for you,
Sam
xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are really a crafty woman Sam!!! I love every project you have done last year!! And your blog is always an inspiration for me!!! You have every time a lot of ideas to look at!!

I wish you a wonderful 2010 with your family and the little lady!!!!

xoxo

Kristina Knits said...

Isn't it amazing how pregnancy just wipes you out?? I too thought I would knit a ton for Joseph, but ended up just making one little hat... thank GOD you made that beautiful blanket as he uses it every day whenever he's in the swing. Happy New Years!!

moo said...

I have been put to shame by a pregnant woman!!! My goodness, Sam!!! I have no small kids at home to attend to (well, little grandboy comes and goes and I am not his caregiver). i made several scarves neck gaiters and started a couple blankies. i LOVE those little monsters! Pattern name when you have time, please. Best to you, your husband and daughter.

Terri said...

Every now and then I am reminded of you and come over for a visit to be delightfully surprise and left smiling! You are so blessed with all your gifts and talents! You have an amazing sense of color, style and word! You bring much joy to not only myself, I am sure!

Bea said...

I love how colorful your projects always are. So bright and cheerful. I love all your work in progress blankets and I'm happy to hear that you are thinking about finishing some of them.

Bubblesknits said...

You've knit some gorgeous items! I hope 2010 treats you well!