Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Shrug

This was a super fast knit that was nice to work on when I fancied something that's a little mindless. It's Debbie Bliss's baby shrug from the 'Simply Baby' book (now available online as a free pattern). I made size 3-6mths and used some more of the Mama Blue poppy sock yarn that I'd used for Penelope, and to trim the cheerleader's dress.

Baby Shrug

I'd actually decided on the shrug thinking it would be nice to 'girly up' some of the cute onesies that Joe has been buying for BOB. When it came to taking pictures though I figured I'd match it with the cheerleaders dress and I think it is a winning combo!

Baby shrug with the cheerleaders dress

I'd added the little crochet flowers to make the top a bit more interesting. Not needed of course, but to me it looked a little plain without them. (I didn't actually make these flowers -- I bought them from a scrapbooking store. I don't think I can look at another crochet hook for a while, after working on the blanket border!)

I'm thinking it's now back to the adult knits for a while... little lady should be set for her arrival!

13 comments:

Judy said...

good idea: make something for Mum! it will be fun to see the photos of BOB wearing her very cute items.

Bea said...

So cute! Love it with the little cheerleader dress.

Anonymous said...

Man.. This is goregous! I wash I was having a girl because girls have all the cute patterns and clothes!

Sue said...

Oh how gorgeous are they together. I love the color you used for the bolero, how pretty!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Love the color!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Oh my goodness so adorable!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

The baby shrug is adorable and it looks perfect with the dress!!

5elementknitr said...

Congratulations on little Naomi! She is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam!
I hope all is well.
I love these little flowers, they give a fashion touch to it!

i never asked you: Have you already deicde "little lady"'s name? :-) I am soooo curious!!!! ;-)

moo said...

You have outrageous talent and a wonderful eye for color! Everything you show here looks beautiful and sweet.

Bea said...

I left you a little blog award...you don't have to participate if you don't want...I know you are busy... http://bea-blacksheep.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-blogger-award.html

amanda said...

It was a pleasure to knit them for you Sam! Naomi is gorgeous!

WandaWoman said...

Oh, she is just so perfect. Absolutely adorable. Love all the handknits featured in the post.