Thursday, January 12, 2012

EZ February Toddler Sweater

Here's another of my favourite patterns: the Elizabeth Zimmerman February baby sweater on 2 needles. This time upsized for my toddler :)


I took the exact same approach as the baby version that I make on sock yarn:
- Cast on 71 stitches and then follow pattern for yoke, adding a few extra rows of garter stitch
- Knit the rest per pattern instructions (except I only add a few buttonholes at the top)

By simply upsizing the yarn, and the needles, I was able to convert it from a baby sweater to a toddler sweater. Yarn is Debbie Bliss Cathay, and I used just over 3 balls. Needle size is US 7.


I do love this pattern as it is pretty, stretches a little with blocking, and is a different than anything you'd find in the mainstream stores, without being too different if you know what I mean :) I think she likes it too.

Stay warm,
Sam xxx

3 comments:

Andi said...

I love that little sweater. The model is pretty fabulous as well. Oh my she is growing!

Daniela said...

hello there SAM!!! How are you???
Your little lady become every day more beatiful! And you become every day a better knitter!!! I love this sweater!! Pink is one of my favourite colors!

xoxo

solid ties said...

That is so beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter wearing that sweater.