Friday, February 17, 2012

Snuggly soft sweater

I recently finished this sweater for Naomi. I can't take all the credit for this beauty: my Mum started the sweater, and completed the body of it, when she was visiting over Thanksgiving. I just needed to finish the arms.

Look at my lovely new sweater

I didn't think I had enough of the lilac yarn to complete the arms and so I decided to stripe them with the pale pink. Turns out I probably would have had plenty in the lilac, but I really like the stripey arms. And because I was feeling all Valentinesy, I decided to overstitch a heart on the body of the sweater.

The best part of this jumper is how unbelieveably soft and light it is. It is knit is Misti Alpaca Chunky, instead of the Rowan Big Wool that the pattern calls for... pattern is Lucy from ROWAN Junior magazine. This yarn is deliciously soft. It makes me want to knit myself a big cuddly sweater too. :) Needless to say, that when Naomi puts this on, she doesn't want to take it off... must be like getting cuddled by a teddy bear all day! Ha ha!

Thanks Mum. Naomi loves her beautful and cuddly sweater xxx

3 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What an adorable sweater! I really like the stripey arms and heart :)

Denise said...

It's adorable, I think the stripy sleeves make it. I agree how fun would it be to own a chunky sweater like this, especially wi all the snow you've had lately:-)

Andi said...

Seriously can that sweater be more adorable. Of course it helps to help that the model is cute to the max! :)