Thursday, August 09, 2012

Citron

I've been knitting like a maniac during the Olympics, and making good use of all that TV viewing and sofa time!  Here's what I have to show for it:  a Citron shawl.

Citron

Citron is a free pattern on the Knitty.com web site.  It was perfect TV knitting - lots of mindless stocking stitch.  The instructions are written for 5 repeats of the main pattern, with some extra guidelines for making it bigger, if so desired. 

Citron

I checked ravelry, and saw a bunch of folks had recommended 7 repeats.  I really like the size that the recommended 7 repeats produced.  The only other change I made was to go down a needle size to a US 5, which worked well for this lovely fine yarn.

Citron in progress

And what is this lovely yarn you may ask.  It is a merino wool/silk mix lace yarn from Phydeaux Designs.  Isn't it beautiful.  Colorway is Alpha Centauri.  I think I may become a frequent shopper at this online store!

Phydeaux yarn

Hope you are having a good week and enjoying the Olympic Games,
Sam
xxx

4 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

It's beautiful, Sam! The colors are so pretty :)

Judy said...

Love this. I must make this pattern. Perfect Olympic pattern.

Karen said...

Oooh that's gorgeous! I've just been wondering if I really like hand-dyed yarns, if that is really my bag. This definitely works!!

Liz Nosal said...

The paternal is one I my list of "todo", however Phydeaux Deigns is my favorite Indie yarn shoppe.