Sunday, June 21, 2015

See-me-coming Socks

I have been travelling a bit with work again, this time to the east coast.  That's a good 4 hours of knitting time right there! (Well knitting, napping and trying to catch up with emails :))

I do attribute some of that flight time to being able to finish a pair of socks in a couple of weeks (it has to be a record for me!):

See me coming socks

The yarn is a handspun and hand dyed fiber from Sereknitty, in colourway 'Wild Side'. These bright colours make me happy. As does handspun in general. There's something very special about a handspun yarn, and the fabric it creates.  It has such an allure that there have been a number of times I have considered taking a class in spinning to see if it is something that I'd enjoy. Truly though, I really don't need another crafty hobby, or to build up more stash and tools to support another crafty hobby. Still there's that allure... ;o)
I digress.

See me coming socks

The pattern is a basic vanilla sock, on my new size 2s. I really enjoyed working with my new signature needles - gotta be careful with those points though (super sharp). So onto the next pair of socks. This time some man socks for Joe:

Man socks

Hope you are enjoying a lovely father's day with loved ones.
Sam xxx

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Love these!!! They are so pretty. They're encouraging me to really spend time with my spinning wheel.

Monica said...

Travel knitting = Handspun socks using new Signature needles? You sure know how to travel :-) I have to agree on the thought that knitting with handspun makes one happier. And I will still try to convince you to take that spinning class :-)